1911 PosiTec Ergo Palm Swell Grips by TechWell
NEW! G10 PosiTec – the Ultimate Ergonomically Shaped Aggressive Fine Diamond Checkered GRIPS + KIT SLOTTED FOR TECHWELL
After almost three years of intense development, we are pleased to introduce the most unique grips in the 1911 World, the PosiTec. Nothing in the 1911 world will fill a hand better.
Fit, Feel, Design
- Designed to fit almost every hand size and shape. Gives large hands with big fingers a beefy handle, while at the same time gives a much smaller palm with shorter fingers the solid wedged in feel normally found only in 2011’s
- Maximizes a short index finger’s reach to the trigger
- The most solid, locked-in, “high on the gun” feel
- Does not compromise the indexing of your normal grips
- Fine diamond shaped aggressive checkering provides solid grip in all conditions
- Cuts for ambi safeties and magazine release
- Panels conceal the mainspring housing pin
PosiTecs are the lightest grips we offer at 1 ¾ oz. In addition, you can increase the weight from 1¾ to 6+ ounces when using the Grip Kit which is included with your purchase! USPSA Single Stack Division maximum weight is 43 oz. (empty magazine inserted), IPSC has no weight restriction, and IDPA – 43oz for ESP and 41oz for CDP.
Competition Box Fit
They will fit into every box – USPSA, IDPA, and IPSC
Extra Grip Weight Kits $5
PosiTecs are the lightest grips we offer at 1 ¾ oz., so a good start, but you can increase the weight from 1¾ to 6+ ounces when using the Grip Kit which is included with your purchase! USPSA Single Stack Division maximum weight is 43 oz. (empty magazine inserted), IPSC has no weight restriction, and IDPA - 43oz for ESP and 41oz for CDP.
In a perfect world maximizing the weight of our 1911’s provides us with greater recoil reduction. Of course, the ideal spot for that weight is in the barrel area, but, since we are limited by rules (and/or expensive gunsmithing) in how we might go about that, the next best, and much simpler place, is the bottom of the grips, the “fulcrum” if you will.
This kit provides you with:
4 oz. of #9 uncoated Lead Shot
3 Glue Cups
Glue mixing and Application Brush
Detailed mixing and gluing instructions
The basic idea is that you mix the lead shot with epoxy and glue it into grips with hollowed out backs such as our PosiTec’s.
Included with Your Purchase
- One set of PosiTec Grips
- 2 Sets of Stainless Steel SLIM Bushings and Screws (only the top bushing on each side of the frame)
- 3/32” Hex Wrench
- Lower Grip screws NOT included
Items needed to install the grips
- 1911 Slim Bushing Bits (Regular and Slim) or, a distant second choice, a nice big screwdriver with a wide thick blade
- A ¼” Socket Driver for the Bushing Bits – unless you are using the distant second choice nice big screwdriver with a wide thick blade
- #242 Blue LocTite
- A certain level of technical skill is required to install this hardware, so, as with all firearm modifications, we suggest that you seek the services of a professional gunsmith if you have any doubts or questions
Gluing Instructions – PDF Download
Yes, the 1911 is finally comfortably secure in my big hands! I shoot competively and shoot hundreds of rounds every week. Recently I switched to the 1911 style gun and didn't like the movement of the gun. Now it stays put and I'm able to enjoy all of the gun's good things!
I picked up .20 on my first draw and kept on the same times trough out the day! It had to be the grips becuse it sayed the same and the 2nd and 3rd time stayed the same