DAA Alpha X Holster, 3 x Race Master Magazine Pouches, and Premium Belt Combo Kit by Double Alpha Academy
* This is a complete Alpha-X holster with insert block of choice.
After years of trend setting benchmarks in the competitive holster industry, DAA has gone a step further, with the launching of the DAA Alpha-X Holster.
The Alpha-X incorporates upgrades and refinements creating a new fresh, striking look while adding several meaningful performance upgrades.
Body Rail Height Adjustment
A rail built directly into the side of the Alpha-X holster body itself allows height adjustment. This offers an extended range of vertical movement and reduces torque and forces applied. The lock up is achieved by an expanding dovetail mechanism that does not gouge or damage the rail.
New Ball Joint and Lock-Up Mechanism
The ball joint of the Alpha-X offers a wide range of motion, allowing the user to position the holster at the precise right angle desired. The Alpha-X holster uses a larger ball joint and a pressure lug lock-up system, which locks the ball firmly in place without marking or damaging the holster. Even the smallest adjustments are easily possible.
With the ball joint is now located higher and closer to the center of the holster, it reduces the torque and forces applied, contributing to the rigidity of the holster.
A large easy-to-reach one-screw locking system allows it to be adjusted into the desired position, even while wearing it.
Detachable Belt Hanger
The DAA Alpha-X Holster is designed with a two-piece belt hanger which can be disassembled easily by opening a single screw. All position settings are maintained while removing the holster body from the belt itself for easy space-saving transport.
The Alpha-X belt bracket is designed to fit only 1.5” wide competition style belts. It will not fit on 1.75” or 2” belts unless the belts are modified by cutting a piece out of the belt. As DAA recommends for all of its Race holsters, this belt hanger should only be used on a firm, rigid, thick belts.
Interchangeable Color Logo Inlays
The Alpha-X holster body is designed in black anodized finish only. To offer a unique colorful accent, an assortment of color inlays is offered. These optional colored inlays can be changed as desired, but when done so are not normally reusable. They are laser-cut plastic inlay inserts which come in a full range of colors.
The Same Race Master Insert Blocks!
The DAA Alpha-X Holster uses the same DAA magnetic insert blocks as used on the Race Master Holster. An Alpha-X Holster can be purchased with or without an insert block, making the upgrade easier and more affordable for users who already have the Race Master Holster.
NOTE: If you are ordering a holster or an insert block for a CZ TS checkmate, be advised the 2017 frame has changed. Click here for more details.
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.
Race Master Magazine Pouches:
Totally unique to the competitive shooting world, the DAA Race Master Magazine Pouch, designed by DAA, using advanced Cad-Cam software, is the perfect complementary add-on for the hugely successful and popular DAA Race Master Holster.
The Race Master Aluminum Pouch is a completely original design, unlike anything else seen on the market to date. The perfect match in look and performance to the DAA Race Master Holster.
The aluminum construction, allows design and performance not previously possible in a competition mag pouch. The DAA Race Master Mag Pouch provides a wider and more diverse range of adjustability and mounting options. But, even more importantly, it locks solid tight into the selected position until the user chooses to change them.
The wide range of angle adjustments allow the user to position these magazines just as one wants them. This feature, combined with a unique and superior retention system, creates a smoother and more consistent release, which in turn leads to a more reliable and faster reload.
Where other mag pouches apply pressure from the side of the magazines (right to left), the DAA Race Master pouch’s pressure adjustment wheel applies its load to the back of the magazine, squeezing the magazine tube from back to front instead of left to right, as others do. This is amuch more effective manner, which produces far better results. Since the magazine’s front and back walls are straight and parallel, while the side walls are tapered on all double-stack mags, applying pressure and contact to the back of the mags creates a smoother draw of the magazine. Turning the adjustment wheel changes the tension from very loose to very tight, as may be required on a particular course of fire.
The side and back walls of the Race Master Pouch, have plastic spacers that are design specific to the magazine size. Each Race Master mag pouch is delivered with three sets of spacers: one that fits the larger STI type magazines (assembled as default), and one for the slightly smaller CZ/Tan type double-stack mags. A third pressure spacer is included for Glock/M&P mags. An optional single-stack adapter is available separately.
The hanger system of the DAA Race Master Pouch includes all of the excellent features of the Race Master Holster. The inner side of the hanger fits snugly over the shooter’s outer belt to prevent rocking motion. The hanger can be assembled directly in the desired position, and does not need to slide along the belt, so it can have a tighter fit. The thin steel plate on the inside of the hanger causes no separation between the inner and outer belt. This is critical, when carrying 3 or more pouches side by side. The steel plate can be tightened down, to lock the pouch tightly even on thinner, narrower belts.
The tilt and cant of the Race Master mag pouch is achieved by using a ball-socket joint as in the Race Master Holster. The aluminum ball is locked firmly in place by two set-screws. The ball-socket joint is designed to be set off-center on the belt hanger, which allows the user to choose between two heights when fitting the pouch to his belt. The ball joint locks into the body of the holster so that it will not slip or rotate, even if the center screw comes loose. This is a very unique feature of this pouch.
Three mounting points on the mag pouch body allow for ambidextrous use, as well as making it possible to mount the pouch turned 90 degrees away from the body, which is preferred by some shooters.
The DAA Race Master Magazine Pouch is suitable for right or left-handed shooters, for all double-stack magazines, and is available in Black, Silver, Blue, Red, Purple, Pink, and Gold colors!
Please note that these Race Master pouches are made of aluminium. It is to be expected that the steel magazines will scratch and burr the top edges of the pouch over time. However this has no effect on the function of the pouch itself.
Note: Will not fit Large Frame Glock (eg. G20/21) or .45 HK magazines
Premium Double Belt:
NOTE: All belt systems comes with both inner and outer belts.
The latest innovative competitive shooting belt from DAA is the DAA Premium belt. This belt offers the best of two worlds! The extreme rigidity of the DAA Competition belt and the high quality finish and outlook of the DAA PRO model.
Both the Competition and PRO belts have been widely received in recent years, and each has their loyal followers. Some choosing the Competition belt if they view rigidity as the most critical feature while others choose the improved appearance and quality feel of the PRO belt. DAA decided – why force our customers to compromise? Why not offer the best of both belts – in one? Result – The DAA Premium Belt
Available in sizes from 28”–50”.
IMPORTANT: How to select the correct belt size:
If you do not wish to measure your waist, and choose to go off your US Jeans size, then order a belt two sizes larger than your Jeans size tag.
So if your US Jeans state size 36 waist, order our belt in size 40.
Option 2 (recommended!):
1. Measure you actual waist circumference at the height where you plan to wear your belt.
2. Convert your measurements into Inches (1inch = 2.54cm)
3. Order the belt size which matches your measurement. Round upwards: if you measured 39”, order a belt size 40”.
NOTE: All belt systems include both inner and outer belts, as well as a rubberized Security loop.
Buyers may exchange the belt for a different sizes but the buyer is responsible for shipping both ways.
3 x Double Alpha Race Master Magazine Pouches
1 x Double Alpha Competition Belt