Burly Shell Plate for Dillon 1050, RL1100, & CP2000 by TNT Munitions
This shellplate is for loading .380 Auto, .223 Rem./5.56x45mm NATO, .300 AAC Blackout, and many other casings that have the same diameter on a Dillon 1050, RL1100, or CP2000. It's a direct replacement for Dillon Precision part #12441 and will work with the shellplate bearing kits while using low profile retaining screws.
If you've ever operated an automated Dillon press for any amount of time you realize that the stock shellplates made by Dillon Precision are just not up to the task. They've been made from their "proprietary grade" metal and case hardened making them brittle. They also have sloppy tolerances causing tall casings such as .223 Rem. and 5.56 NATO to wobble when indexing. This leads to the dies hitting the casings which means damaged components and wasted time.
We've improved the shellplates by:
- CNC machining our shellplates from A-2 tool steel.
- Using custom extractor gauges made to SAAMI cartridge specifications as a "go, no go" gauge for the shellplate pockets. If the casing doesn't fit into the pocket it won't work.
- Lowering the shellplate pockets. This greatly reduces casing wobble and helps with casing insertion into the shellplate.
- Hardening and annealing the shellplate while flat.
- Applying a black oxide coating that helps prevent rust and corrosion.
- Engraving the shellplate character on the outer edge for easy reference.
In the end you have a shellplate that's extremely durable, perfect for high speed loading, and is 100% made right here in the USA.