Tanfoglio / EAA / IFG Complete Magazine Kit with Henning Basepad and Grams Spring and Follower
Our extended base pads are legal for USPSA Limited and Open competitions. Attached to the factory magazines they extend the magazine to 141.25mm length (5.56"). Whether you want to be competitive or not, these pads will extend the capacity of your Tanfoglio/EAA Witness magazines. These base pads are best matched with Grams Follower and Spring Kit which additionally increases the capacity. In fact, we only run our magazines in a combination with our base pads and Grams spring kits. Due to the design of the follower the slide may or may not lock back on the last round.
- For 9 mm / 38 super you will increase from 17 rounds to 23 rounds (requires Grams Kit)
- For 40 S&W you will increase from 15 rounds to 20 rounds (requires Grams Kit)
- For 10 mm you will increase from 14 rounds to 20 rounds (requires Grams Kit)
- For 45 ACP you will increase from 10 rounds to 12 rounds (no Grams Kit needed or recommended)
These base pads will fit Grand Power 40 / 45 large frame magazines
Grams Spring and Follower
The ticket to increased magazine capacity in your 9mm, 38 super, 10mm or 40 S&W magazines. Switch out the factory follower and spring with spring & follower from Grams for the EAA/Tanfoglio large frame mags manufactured by Mec-Gar:
- 9mm Follower Kit - for EAA/Tanfoglio 9x19 mag, manufactured by Mec-Gar (tube marked K9 or 9-LF, spacer plate installed). Designed for mag OAL that measure up to 145mm long (kit includes Grams Format Follower (K9) and 11 coil spring).
- 38 Super Follower Kit - for EAA/Tanfoglio 38sup mag, manufactured by Mec-Gar (tube marked K38 or 38-LF). Designed for mag OAL that measure up to 145mm long (kit includes Grams Format Follower (K38) and 11 coil spring).
- 10mm Follower Kit - for EAA/Tanfoglio 10mm mag, manufactured by Mec-Gar (tube marked K10 or 10LF). For mag OAL that measure up to 145mm long (includes Grams Format Follower (K10) and 11 coil spring).
- 40 S&W Follower Kit - for EAA/Tanfoglio 40sw mag, manufactured by Mec-Gar (tube marked K40 or 40-LF, spacer plate installed). Designed for mag OAL that measure up to 145mm long (kit includes Grams Format Follower (K40) and 11 coil spring).
I bought these for my Tanfo Limited 40 Cal. Fits 20 rounds with some pressure for rounds 19 & 20. To get 20+1 you need to smack it in as expected. The basepads are a beautiful flat (in my case, orange). They are tooless to break down for quick cleaning I just got these yesterday and shot 250 flawless rounds last night. As a side note... They called them magazine kits but came fully assembled and ready to go.
I have a Les Baer 1911 Double Stack Caspian Frame that takes Mec-Gar -MG WIT 40-LF Mags with extended Base Plates. These Mags have been discontinued from Caspian. The Henning package from Ben Stoeger arrived in a timely manner. The EAA Tanfoglio Witness Extended Kit did not fit my 1911 style pistol. I took the spring and base plate off and put it in the Meg-Car housing and it worked in the Caspian frame just fine. I will be buying additional Spring and extended Base Plates. in the future to go into the correct Mag housing. Thanks to Ben Stoeger for giving me an option !!!!!